Thursday, August 18, 2011

A combined post for a busy girl!


August 9, 2011
We have been working very hard on all of our drumming and dancing.  Unfortunately that means we don’t have much time for journaling or resting.  Agbekor is pretty difficult, but we are trying our hardest to maintain the high standards.   To give my body and mind a bit of a break, I took half of drumming class today to work on basket weaving.  I have found that I am pretty good at it too J Who knew?

I have decided that I will most likely do this again, as it was very therapeutic. Markus left today as well.  He is picking up his girlfriend in Accra and they are traveling before coming back to Dagbe next week.  I hope they have a great time!! Not much else to say for today, time for some rest!!


August 10, 2011
Mosquito bites in Africa are a tad more exaggerated than in the United States.  Thank goodness my friend, Davida, has a lot of supplies to take care of them.  I am absolutely covered from the knee down.  It’s very hard not to itch.    I took my batik fabric to Julianna to make a skirt for work.  I am very excited to wear it, especially because there was enough fabric left for a matching scarf!!
Best part of the day was dinner.  We had yam fries again.  This of course means, I ate so many I had to go lay down, like some people do after Thanksgiving dinner.
Sorry for another short post, more to come.  We are very busy, and I am pretty exhausted…and a bit sweaty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment