Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Countdown begins......3....2.....1!

Three days.  I am so excited, and my bag has been mostly packed for two weeks. The final things are being picked up this week. The important things: my snack food!  I am pretty sure I have every version of protein bar ever invented, hopefully they taste as good as the name sounds.  Also in the mix are bags of Goldfish, pretzels, fruit snacks, dried pineapple (which almost seems redundant because there will be fresh pineapple in Ghana), and other various goodies which were won by my Grandma and Nana at BINGO and given to me for "airplane food." It is unfortunate that I can't bring any chocolate...

Now I am on the prowl for some powdered Gatorade to keep up my electrolytes.  

I started taking my malaria medication on Saturday so I would have a full week of coverage before I leave. Luckily, I didn't have any of the side effects.  
I will say that I find it pretty funny that the majority of my carry-on and a large portion of my suitcase is filled with medication.  It's like I am bringing an entire CVS with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment